Calvin James Recruitment are working with a Leading international Law Firm. We are looking for a high level Administrative Sepcialist to work directly with the Director of Administration within their Dubai Office in DIFC.
- International Law firm experience
- Good understanding of Legal Cashiering
- Immigration Knowlegde
- Experience with the DIFC portal
- Basic Accounting experience
- International exposure, ideally UK, USA or Australia
- To provide full support and assistance to the Director of Administration
- Assist with ensuring statutory requirements are met; payments of all kinds, and regulatory (government, DIFC, Dubai Legal Affairs Department DLAD).
- Process Legal Consultants DLAD registrations, annual renewals and cancellations.
- Process through DIFC portal all personnel, spouse and dependents visa applications, including Emirates ID applications and arrange of certification and attestation of relevant documentation.
- Saudi Arabian visa applications.
- Liaison with Dubai PRO in relation to any other immigration matter relating to personnel.
- Personnel company letterhead and DIFC prepared salary certificates.
- Prepare and record partner housing allowance payments and lawyers school fee benefits.
- Maintain and order business cards in English and Arabic for Middle East lawyers.
- Assist with orientation and induction of new hires and set up of relevant requirements.
- Reception cover as and when required
- Keeping updated with IT applications by regular attendance at workshops.
- Attend firm meetings.
- Miscellaneous duties that may from time to time be required.
Accounting & Finance
- Weekly and month-end missing time report.
- Responsible for every aspect of Accounts Payable for all three Middle East offices.
- Responsible for petty cash payments and weekly reconciliation for all Middle East offices.
- Responsible for cash receipt process for Dubai and Riyadh bank accounts.
- Ensure compliance is met and investigate any irregularities and handle appropriately.
- Responsible for all client account receipts and disbursements.
- Liaison with and partners and billing department to clear client account balances where appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Record reasons for aged balances.
- Responsible for maintaining daily bank balance log for all 4 Dubai bank accounts.
- Initiate client disbursements transfers.
- Liaising with bank for various banking matters.
- Simple bank reconciliation for two Dubai based office accounts and two client accounts, and one Riyadh based office account
- Manage Dubai office security cards and carry out quarterly reconciliations against security system and building log.
- Responsible for all Middle East offices security card system quarterly reconciliations.
Skills and Experience
IT literate in:
- Word (required)
- Interwoven DeskSite (advantageous)
- Microsoft Outlook (required)
- Excel (required)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Personable and willing to work as part of a team
- Proactive, adaptable and flexible
- Taking pride in self and the job
- AAT Qualified