Calvin James Recruitment are working closely with a Global Market-leading Company based in Dubai. We are looking for a Senior Accountant/Assistant Finance Manager to join a very diverse and dynamic team.
Assistant Finance Manager
Responsible for the administration of the accounting function. You will have accountability and custody of the companies accounting data and records and will assist largely with vouching, verification, accounting, and maintenance of related records. You must possess a proven track record for timely delivery and customer satisfaction. You will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes. Understand the Middle East and the legal requirements of working in the region.
- Ensure the Code of Corporate Responsibility and Business Ethics is upheld in all activities.
- Maintaining books of accounts in SAP and ensuring that accounting transactions are recorded in line with International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Responsible for accounting information as per International Accounting Standards (IAS). Due attention will be paid to Groups accounting policies and procedures while processing accounting transactions for the entity.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Preparation of month-end journals and accruals
- Creation and maintenance of internal orders for cost centers in SAP
- Rollover, update and coordinate the timely completion of the balance sheet reconciliation and month-end checklist.
- Assist with the preparation & analysis of monthly reporting to APAC and HQ
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting cycle of the inventory
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting cycle of the fixed assets function
- Key point of support for internal and external audit.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Preparation of local policies in line with Group policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain a register for all company insurances and legal documents
- Management of Corporate Credit Card and Purchasing Card function.
- Perform review of the fortnightly payment run.
- Tracking of all employee deductions to recover dues at the time of payroll
- Review of monthly payroll, arrangement of payments, payroll reconciliations and accounting postings including intercompany recharges.
- Responsible for the accounting of subcontractor costs, including invoice entry into SAP and month end accruals.
- Customer purchase order review and approval
- Provision of finance advice and technical support to key stakeholders in the business
- Provision of ad hoc financial information to senior management
- Accounting Degree and/or equivalent with a certification.
- Computer literacy (advance Excel skills), competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialised software programs.
- Big 4 audit firm preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience in a finance role.
- SAP experience is essential.
- Experience of working in a multinational and multicultural environment is an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards Solid communications skills both verbal and written and a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Language skills in English is required.
- Language skills in Arabic would be a distinct advantage.