Calvin James Recruitment has been trusted with an exclusive mandate to recruit an Assistant Finance Manager to support the Associate Vice President – Finance Systems within a well established and exciting organisation based in Dubai.
Reporting to AVP – Finance systems and Processes – Assistant Manager Finance Systems and processes is responsible for coordinating all projects and initiatives wherever the finance department is impacted to ensure, finance departments requirements are captured properly.
This role requires in-depth understanding and experience in system development life cycle and Oracle ERP and other finance applications implementation.
This role will be pivotal to the Group strategy for ensuring consistency in finance process and procedures across the group, identify gaps within the group practices, assess, document, and communicate these gaps to ensure that all business impacts can be analysed in a timely manner so as to enable the establishment and execution of appropriate implementation plans, as required.
The candidate will be responsible to work with AVP – Finance Systems and Processes in the implementation of the ERP System and other upgrades in various systems used within the finance department across the group.
The candidate will be responsible for seamless availability of data/information required by finance department
The candidate will also be responsible to identify process automation opportunities across the group which result in significant efficiency and accuracy in financial reporting and provide better controls over the process
- Finance Impact assessment for Various business led IT projects and ensures all Finance requirements are being met
- Manage the project completion with realistic milestones and keep stakeholder aware of the progress and expected challenges, including preparing business requirement documentation, assessing solution provided by solution architect in finance context and its implication to other processes
- Follow-up with respective teams on a timely manner to ensure project completion and provide timely updates to stakeholders
- Identify areas of improvements [through process refinement/enrichment or automation etc.] within the finance function
- Conduct research on best practices and recommend the same in the context of the Company’s business, culture and practices
- Work with AVP – Finance S&P to review and update SOP within Accounting & Finance functions across the group
- Be an active member of the ERP System implementation team and work towards achieving this objective in the best possible manner
- Provide input on various requirements relating to ERP implementation [chart of account, reports functionality etc.] and lead the project from finance function side to ensure all existing requirements are captured and flexibility is available for futuristic requirements
- Prepare various financial and non-financial presentations to report project progress, reporting to management, impact analysis, improvement and automation initiatives etc.
- Qualified accountant or similar qualification
- 3-4 years’ prior relevant experience
- Prior experience of implementation of ERP and Hyperion
- Holding a similar role for a bank or financial services Company with regional experience
- Able to understand the complex system and articulate understanding to finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Able to work on multiple projects and organized to manage respective stakeholders expectation.
- Able to work in deadline driven environment and prioritize work and life commitment accordingly.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills to document and explain project status.
- Understanding of Oracle ERP and Hyperion system and working knowledge of the implementation of these systems.
- Able to analyse business requirement and assist in documentation of these requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strategic and Analytical
- Strong problem solving skills
- Business Acumen
- Detail oriented and organized; Strong planning and prioritization abilities
- High energy levels and Self motivated
- Relationship Building
- Must maintain confidentiality and discretion in all aspects
- Comfortable with a flexible working schedule to meet the needs of the Company and its executives
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines, juggle multiple priorities and in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent Excel & Power-point presentation skills