Calvin James Recruitment have been trusted with the recruitment of 4 critical newly formed roles for a market leading and growing international company based in Dubai.
- Category Manager – Rice & Pulses
- Category Manager – Meat & Poultry
- Category Manager – Fruit & Vegetables
- Category Manager – Seafood
Responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating end to end category procurement activities, ensuring that all products are reliably sourced and purchased in an accurate, timely, and cost-effective manner and in accordance with agreed specifications to achieve set cost targets whilst maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategically source all products; establishing the true cost of the products and negotiating competitive commercial terms with a robust supply chain.
- Understand the client specifications and standards of products in order to identify potential suppliers.
- Locate and review vendors of related materials, equipment, and supplies in order to determine product availability, competitive terms and conditions, and delivery schedules to deliver the best value, high-quality, compliant products.
- Provide client requirement specifications to the suppliers and evaluate the suppliers based on the compliance checklist and standards.
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers regarding prices, terms and conditions in order to secure competitive deals.
- Evaluate proposed specifications from finalized suppliers to ensure it matches with client requirements.
- Forecast levels of demand for products to meet the business requirements to ensure a consistent supply of products
- Review current expenditure in order to identify opportunities for process improvement and cost control within the area of responsibility and project budgets.
- Identify supplier risk areas and quantify risk exposure for regionally and locally managed sub-categories within the category portfolio and executing risk mitigation actions to ensure a robust supply source.
- Prepare procurement reports on weekly and monthly basis outlining supplier performance and submit to the Head of Procurement for review
- To adhere to and live the company Vision, Mission, Values and Code of Business Ethics & Conduct at all times
- To apply and follow the contractual obligations, policies and procedures
- To follow, apply and maintain all applicable ISO standards and requirements
- To report health & safety, environmental and food safety hazards and near miss/incident observed in the workplace to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CIPS or relevant postgraduate diploma preferred
- 10 years’ experience in procurement within food retail or food service industry
- Expertise on intergovernmental organization product requirements for category
- Excellent product category knowledge within the regional and local market
- Demonstrates a good understanding of global industry food standards, practices, and guidelines