Calvin James Recruitment has been tasked with the recruitment of a critical role within the Treasury team of a market leading company in Dubai.
As Treasury Accountant your role will be defined by the below
Perform accounting and analysis functions, financial statement preparation, investment and endowment accounting, surveys, budgeting, forecasting, and financial audits related to investments, fringe benefits, and other areas as assigned.
• Prepare the accounting and financial reporting required.
• Assist with the administration, preparation, and analysis of interim and year-end Work papers.
• Prepare schedules for the monthly financial statements and the annual audit.
• Monitor Cash Balances: monitor daily cash balances and determine cash requirements needed to cover losses and payments.
• Check Invoices: verify that invoices have been paid.
• Verify Paperwork: verify accounts receivable paperwork to balance accounts and ensure that all figures match payment information.
• Gather Year-End Information: gather and compile all year-end financial data to audit figures and determine various financial trends.
• Prepare Forecasts: design forecasts predicting the company’s financial future and current financial trends.
• Write Financial Data Reports: write regular reports based on financial data showing incoming and outgoing figures, as well as other relevant information.
• Perform monthly account balance reconciliations.
• Analyze balance sheet and income statement account fluctuations, locate and resolve discrepancies
• Cash and debt management support, including cash position reporting
• Assist with bank relationship management, including opening or modifying bank accounts and banking services
• Maintaining and reporting on group company facilities.
• Preparing forex hedging proposal and maintaining hedging levels.
• Process documentation ownership, create treasury/cash management documentation and update periodically; ensure appropriate controls are in place.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, statistics, business administration, or a related.
• Must have 5 to 7 years treasury experience with banking background being a plus.
• Advanced level of Microsoft Office
• Requires good commercial awareness, strong analytical and communication skills.
• Must be able to make a decision and able to solve problems
• Must be passionate and pro-active
• Able to work under their own initiative and manage and prioritize workload
• Able to handle pressure and meet timelines